There’s the human spirit and then there’s the Holy Spirit, the former being what every human creature is given that makes it living and the latter being what only those who know and have acknowledged the triune God- Father, Son, Holy Spirit- have been graced with in order to do the work of the LORD God.
They are two very different spirits but when they link together, true spiritual awakening is found. In order for this to happen, the human spirit must submit to the Holy Spirit and be willing to embody its identity to be the best it can be. For a Believer, their spiritual well-being is of the most paramount importance. The more they commune with the Holy Spirit, the better they embody the will and life of God.
God never intended for His children (Believers) to live life void of Him. From the very beginning of time, He designed communion with Him. Even in the garden of Eden, God walked with Adam and Eve. Their sin was not simply eating a piece of fruit from a tree they were told not to eat, it was their choice to doubt God and depend on their own desires that was the real breach.
Since then, God has always been in the business of reconciliation with creation, which is what was accomplished through His Son on the cross.
2 Corinthians 5:16-21 reads:
16 So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 18 And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. 19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. 20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
When Believers neglect to adopt their wholistic identity through Christ, they can never access the gift of the Holy Spirit whom Christ left behind after His assent.
John 16: 5-15, NLT states:
5 “But now I am going away to the one who sent me, and not one of you is asking where I am going. 6 Instead, you grieve because of what I’ve told you. 7 But in fact, it is best for you that I go away, because if I don’t, the Advocate won’t come. If I do go away, then I will send him to you. 8 And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me. 10 Righteousness is available because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more. 11 Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged. 12 “There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can’t bear it now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. 14 He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, ‘The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.’
Read that again! These are the blessings that only communion with the Holy Spirit brings. Only Believers who have accepted Christ can access because it is through Christ that we are blessed.
Everything about how we are to live is given in biblical instructions, but only through Christ do Believers have the strength to live it and only through revelation by the Spirit will they have the knowledge and wisdom to carry it out.
Christ’s intention of wholistic wellness is designed to help Believers embrace God as the center of their lives, not just someone to use for comfort during a hard time or a feeling of nostalgia for a few holidays out of the year.
Every day, every moment of life can and is guided by God. Have you submitted every area? It’s not too late to start! Here are 5 practical ways to allow the Spirit within you to reign.
1. Holiness: Be Whole– this requires a certain level of reverence for that which is holy. Since the Holy Spirit resides in you, you have to treat your whole self as something that is holy, which includes what you do with your body, how you speak to yourself and others, and how you allow your senses to interact with the world. The Holy Spirit cannot dwell in sin and vice versa; get rid of the sin in your life. Be sensitive to enough to respect the dwelling of God in you so that you don’t mistreat or abuse yourself.
2. Identity: Embody Him– God has said so much in His Word about who you are through Him. Remind yourself of that identity, not who culture says you are. You are adopted into God’s family. Adoption is a legal process that joins a child to a family permanently. God does not change His mind about you when you do wrong. Because you are adopted into His family, you have a certain level of access, revelation, and familiarity that gives you advantages. Embrace your position as a child of God in every way and become who He says you are.
3. Fruit: Abide in Him– Only through trust in God can you allow yourself to be transformed into the likeness of Christ. The word abide refers to a consistency that is required to gain the relationship necessary for success. We have to be about who God is and allow who He is to bubble up and overflow within us. All that is required is your submission and He will make the necessary adjustments to mold you. Stop trying so hard and trust Him.
4. Worship: Honor Him– We are called to honor God and glorify Him with everything we do. Our worship is a lifestyle. Whether we’re speaking to others, going to work, rearing children, managing our business, prioritizing tasks, offering help, or participating in a celebration, everything is to bring honor to God. From the smallest to biggest task, be sure that your mindset is one that is focused on God so that your life will reflect worship towards Him. It is not just about a song of praise, it’s the way you live your life in spirit and in truth.
5. Prayer: Talk to Him– How do you get direction from God to develop all of these habits? You have to have an open line of communication with God that is as honest and transparent as possible. Prayer created an opportunity for His presence. You need God through every moment. Talking to Him, letting Him respond to you, being led by the Spirit in the moment are all a part of prayer. It’s not hard to do but it takes time and intentionality. Do not pray to please others, pray to God. There can be no effectiveness in the Kingdom without prayer. And when you’re lost for words, depend on His Word to pray back to Him. Prayer will dismantle fear and doubt, build your confidence to perform, give you peace and so much more. It’s really the key to advance your spiritual walk and without it you’ll never have victory.
Scripture references that can be used as additional study for the above topics are as follows: Matthew 12:33-35, Mark 11:24-25, Romans 12:1-2, Psalms 101:6-8, 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, 1 Corinthians 1:21-22, Galatians 5: 19-23, John 4:23-24. Biblical journaling is a great way to explore scripture and apply it to your life.
#wellness #kingdomwellness #kingdomwellnesscoach #dailymotivation #godfisrt #transformation #firstlove #jesus #wholisticwellness#wholisticwellness #spiritualawakening #spiritled #HolySpirit #biblicaljournaling #biblicalmeditation #meditation